Tuesday, June 17, 2008

New Cakes

I have created a couple of new cakes in the last couple of weeks.

The first is Lightening McQueen, great little cake for the boys. 3 little boys to be specific. There are 3 boys in my daughter's kindergarten class that all celebrated their birthday together, so this was just perfect and despite the food allergies and the changes to my cake recipe, it turned out great and the kids loved it.






The second cake I created, for this past Sat. was a baby shower cake for good friends of mine. We hosted the baby shower, and naturally I was going to do the cake. This is a pre-baby shower, so we didn't know if they are having a boy or a girl, so the cake was created in pink and blue. I really enjoyed making this cake for them, making the little outfits was very fun.








5 comments:

Melissa said...

WOW! That baby cake is AWESOME Marina!! The bow on top is incredible, and the cute little outfits!! Sweet!!

jennifer2S! said...

Of course the top one is perfect for the little boys in our life but the baby cake is stunning Marina!! You should be soooooo proud of yourself.

MonaS! said...

the baby cake is a work of art! Absolutely stunning!

Sarah said...

No words how wonderfull this cake looks you are so talented
How did you make the bows is it sugarpaste?

sincerely Sarah (Zweden)

Anonymous said...

I'd love to make this cake for a friends baby shower, out of all the pics. I've seen, this one is by far the best and the prettiest. How long did it take you and is the bow made out of fondant? Awesome Job!!