Monday, May 07, 2007

1st Communion

It's been a while since I have uploaded any cakes, but this past weekend I worked on a cake order for a lady who works with Scott. It was her daughter's First Communion, and between her ideas and mine, we created these two cakes for their big event. She requested a Chocoalate and Vanilla combination, so I added a raspberry cream filling and raspberry flavored butter cream icing to them, and although I never sampled the cut off bits, Scott, his brother and the girls assured me they tasted fantastic.



The above cake was the main cake for the First Communion, but my calculations were off. I couldn't find my instructions for the round cake pan, but found a set for a sqaure one that used the same amount of batter. Well who would have thought that a round cake pan severed less people then the square one, so in the end I had to make another cake to make up for the lack of servings. I just wanted something nice, but simple so it wouldn't distract from the main cake, so the picture below shows the two of them together on the cake table.

10 comments:

Tara said...

I can't imagine that anyone would ever be unhappy with one of your beautiful cakes, I so wish I could taste one! I love me a good piece of cake!!!

Carmen said...

Gorgeous!!

MonaS! said...

Another work of art Marina. Well done!

JennD said...

Those cakes are gorgeous as usual Marina!

Anonymous said...

can a representative e-mail me and let me know where i can buy just the topping of the cake. My daughter wants to make her own cake and she is 7, so mom is trying to dress it up

Anonymous said...

ohhh sorry my e-mail adress is
xxx1shasha1xxx@yahoo.com..thnks

luz said...

That cake is beautiful... If the Calix from Real Icing or Plastic ??

luz said...

That cake is beautiful... If the Calix from Real Icing or Plastic ??

luz m said...

Marina, your cake is beautiful, I want to know if the Calyx es real icing or plastic ??

Anonymous said...

How did you make the chalice? It is beautiful!