Saturday, September 02, 2006

Cosmetic Cakes

Ms Marisa is moving away to Calgary tomorrow so she is having a BBQ today so she can visit with everyone before she leaves. She asked me to bake a cake for her, but asked me to surprise her with what I created. I flipped through every cake book I have and found a few ideas, I thought about the wise old owl with alphabets around it, or a truck filled with boxes and luggage since she was moving, but once I saw this cake, I couldn't resist, I just had to make it for her. I hope she likes it.







Everything on these cakes is 100% edible, however I don't think anyone will really bite into those costmetic cases. The cakes are in teh table and tha cosmetic purse. I had to do some trimming, so I don't think it will feed 30 people, but just in case, I made a batch of chocolate cupcakes to bring along for any BIG and Little kids.

7 comments:

Tammy said...

If you could see me right now you would notice my jaw on the floor in utter amazement at your talent!! OMG!! I have never in my life seen anything so incrediblely amazing! I know I don't hang out in the baking circle, so I might be easy to impress, but Marina, you my dear have a gift!! That is INCREDIBLE!! The detail is pefect and the idea is mind blowing to me. I had no idea you could do that!! I'm so excited to see what you do next!

Mary P. said...

Wow, this is gorgeous Marina, you definately have a talent!

MonaS! said...

You have an UNBELIEVEABLE talent!!!! You are sooooo amazing!! I am stunned at your incredible talent - I can't WAIT to see more of your amazing work!!! You will be a TOTAL SUCCESS in your new business, that is for sure

TheMommaBear said...

how freeking cute is that marina!!!!! great job!!!! ur new business will rock sista!!!

Chantel said...

Hi Marina....

Just had to tell you how incredible your cake designs are. Keep up the fantastic work!

Kate said...

Marina,

Your cakes are ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!

:) Kate

Lisa Lee said...

As always and trust me I have had a few of these amasing cakes and yes..... they taste just a great as they look. I will keep my orders coming don't you worry Marina!!! Thanks for sharing