Saturday, September 16, 2006

Barbie's Photo Shoot

So Lillian's Birthday is on Sunday and Tammy asked me to make her a Barbie cake, only stipulation it needed to be in pink!!! I went out shopping this week and found a very pretty looking Barbie that had pink lips. Funny how I never noticed, but 90% of all the Barbies I found had red lips and that just wouldn't do if she was to wear a pink Ballgown!!!

So I made the cake, pink Vanilla cake, and hollowed out the center, so Barbie could fit. I tell you, Barbie has gotten kind of hippy over the years. She has a bit more junk in her trunk these days.. if it is possible. Amy ways, I am not a fashion designer by any means, but I happen to think I did an alright job on the dress.







What do you think...??? Would you be Happy with this cake???

6 comments:

MonaS! said...

I posted at S! but I just wanted to tell you again how talented I think you are! What a fabulous cake - i am sure that Lillian will LOVE IT!!!

Sue said...

It's beautiful, Marina! You are definitely in your element in this occupation! I see big things in your future! :)

Lisa Lee said...

Marina this cake turned out beautiful!! As always great job.

Heather M. said...

Oh my, this is just gorgeous! She will LOVE it! Look at all that detail! WOW!

Anonymous said...

ahhhhhhhhh hello ahhh what are you REALLY doing working at the job ur currently working at???? Better change careers soon cuz i want my wedding cake to look like th TAJ MAHAL!!! come on get on it and practice.... i have books on it if you want pictures!!! Awsome job and i'll take one of these barbie cakes for my nieces birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

how did you bake this? how many layers and what sizes did you use?