Monday, August 14, 2006

Wedding Cakes

If I had any doubts before tonight, this seals it for me. I have never been happier and more confident in my skills as I am tonight. Someone even told me after completing level 3 of the Wilton cake classes you can actually apply to some of the bakeries. Forget that, I want me very own. I am on a high right now, so I know this will happen.. one day. I have some time to put in at my current job, and possibly even do it for a little while, but it will happen I am even more sure of it tonight, so until then I get to practise and master my skills. I am far from perfect, but this feels right for me.

Having said that, here is my level 3 final cake!!!!



















Scott had the whole dinning room set up lights, candles, back drops you name it, he has it all set up. Well of course I'm sure Sue could point out a few better things, but he is doing a fabulous job in there tonight.

So who (or shall I say what) is the prime focus of this photo shoot....

MY CAKE -- that's right, my beloved wedding cake that I spent the weekend working on and all night decorating. He has it front and center and we took my bridal bouquet laid it down in the background, added some candles and my crystal cake plate and he has been in there snapping photos for almost 1 hour.

I wanted to add flowers all around the border, but I totally under estimated the time to make the fondant roses, so last night I only got 14 completed and I think I needed about twice that. I planned on making more tonight when I got home, but figured it looked all right and besides the guys at work are not going to eat the roses, so why bother.


12 comments:

patti said...

Beyond gorgeous Marina! You definitely have a gift! This is so beautiful!! I can't wait for you to make yoru dream into a reality!!

AllyVic said...

Marina, your cakes are just beautiful. I can't imagine all the work that goes in to it. Good luck persuing your dream!

Heather M. said...

Oh my gosh, Marina! What a gorgeous cake! You are so talented! And beautiful photos too, Scott!

Melissa said...

wow!! That cake looks amazing!! Those flowers are just perfect!! No wonder they take so long to make!

Mary P. said...

Gorgeous cake Marina!!

Sue said...

O...M...G!!

Marina! Your detail work is exquisite! Those flowers are impeccable! I know, because my aunt used to have a cake decorating business! You sooo have to start your own business!

If your cakes traveled well (which we know they don't! ;)), then I'd order one for Aili's birthday party on Saturday!!

And the photo shoot was perfect - I wouldn't change a thing!! :)

Carmen said...

It is GORGEOUS!! I am beyond impressed!! Amazing talent!! You soooo need to do this full time. It is an obvious passion. Good for you!!!

Oh ya - BTW - I have another cake to order from you!! Ethan's b-day is in 3 weeks. He wants a Batman cake. So cake lady, can you deliver?? PM me!!!

Lea said...

Again, Marina, you totally ROCK!!! This is gorgeous!!!!

Deanne J said...

Beautiful, the detail is amazing.

Just Rhonda said...

WOW MArina!!!!! You did great!! How were the clases? I totally want to take them too.

Denise said...

Marina, your cakes astound me. They are simply gorgeous.

TheMommaBear said...

great job marina!!!!! the roses are amazing.