Friday, August 11, 2006

Open for Business

Ok, well not quite, but I wanted a place seperate from my family life where I can talk about the cake creations and have a place to show case my designs in the event I truly want to do this for a living.


Here is the most recent cake I made, rich chocolate cake, with a raspberry cream filling. It isn't perfect, but when you have 12 ladies all crammed into one tiny little room it is hard to share the table, but I think it turned out quite well.












And of course here is the infamous cake from the BBQ, even though it slipped and doesn't look nearly as good as it did in class I wantd to add it here too because darn it, I am still proud of it.













And one more favorite of mine... the Yin Yang Cake I made for my girl friends husband.

12 comments:

patti said...

OH my gosh Marina they look so good I want to lick the monitor!!! lol! I think you have an amazing talent for cake decorating and I hope you go for it when the time is right and follow your dream!!!

and I wish you lived closer, i would really love to try that raspberry one... yum my favourite!

patti said...

I did lick the screen...I did lick it!!!!!!!!

OMGOSH Marina.......I NEED one of your cakes!!! My butt doesn't, but my tastebuds do! Way to go...and keep up the good work!

Melissa said...

yummers! I cant wait to see the wedding cake you are working on!

M&Tmom said...

Okay I am so hungry right now, those cakes are absolutely gorgeous! You live way to far away for me too taste one. You are one talented woman! Teresa (aka tmom)

JennD said...

That cake with the pink bow is unreal! You are so talented. I'm still trying to think up an event where I'll need one of your cakes. :)

Can't wait to see the wedding one you do this weekend.

Julie said...

marina you are one amazing lady!! wtg girl!

Kate said...

Marina, your cakes are AMAZING!!! You are so damn talented! WOW!

Heather M. said...

You have a real talent, Marina!

Deanne J said...

Wow Marina I may just have to move to BC so I can have one of yur cakes.

Lisa Lee said...

Marina, thank you for John's cake, he loved it!! Hell we all loved it.....

Cate said...

I would SO have that white cake with the pink bow as my wedding cake if I was getting married! And that basket weaving is amazing! You've definitely found your calling!

LanerDuck said...

I mean, I live on the U.S. East Coast, but looking at your designs, I wish I was out in B.C. That's great. I hope you've had a good year in business. Your stuff looks excellent. Very talented. Keep up your good work.